As per Membership Policy 039-M-2017, funding shall be available for one youth representative (up to age 30 at time of event) from each SUN region to attend the Annual Meeting.
Criteria for eligibility:
- Members must select GENERAL MEMBER from the possible registrant types.
- Members must identify as a Youth Delegate (<30 years old) and select YES to apply for youth funding.
- Member must register prior to the deadline of 1200 hours on April 6, 2022.
If there is more than one request for funding per Region, Youth funding will be allocated by random selection.
Selected applicants will be notified via e-mail by April 7, 2022.
Selected applicants will receive the same funding provided to SDC Representatives (or Alternates):
- For a scheduled shift (paid Union leave), SUN Provincial will reimburse your Employer for one shift per day of the event you are attending.
- If attending on a day off, SUN Provincial will pay your directly for up to 8 hours per day of attendance (a TD1 form on file is required).
- Annual Meeting - Reimbursement for meals will be limited to a lunch per diem for each day attended (April 27, 28 & 29).
- Fun Night - Reimbursement for a dinner per diem will be provided to those in attendance (April 27).