As per Membership Policy 039-M-2017, funding shall be available for one youth representative (up to age 30 at time of event) from each SUN region to attend the Special Meeting.
Criteria for eligibility:
- Members must select GENERAL MEMBER from the possible registrant types.
- Members must identify as a Youth Delegate (<30 years old) and select YES to apply for youth funding.
- Member must register prior to the deadline of 1200 hours on September 7, 2022.
If there is more than one request for funding per Region, Youth funding will be allocated by random selection.
Selected applicants will be notified via e-mail by September 8, 2022.
Selected youth applicants will receive the same funding provided to SDC Representatives (or Alternates) and shall be limited to:
- For a scheduled shift (paid provincial union leave), SUN Provincial will reimburse your Employer for one shift per day of the event you are attending.
- If attending on a day off, SUN Provincial will pay you directly for up to 8 hours per day of attendance (a TD1 form on file is required).
- Carpooling is strongly encouraged.
- Roundtrip kilometrage shall be paid to members (drivers only) who must travel in excess of 50 kms (one-way) at a rate determined annually by the Board of Directors in the budget.
- Kilometrage shall be defined as the distance between (direct route) the member’s home town/city and the city/town hosting the event.
- As per Membership Policy 038-M-2007, travel time will not be compensated for.
- Hotel Accommodations
- Funding for accommodation shall be on the basis of two members sharing a room, members requesting single occupancy shall be responsible for one-half (½) of the cost of the room.
- As per Membership Policy 038-M-2007, “travel in lieu of hotel” arrangements must be confirmed with the First Vice-President in advance and such reimbursement will be limited to one-half (½) of the cost of the room.
- As per Membership Policy 038-M-2007, meal per diems will not be provided.
- Lunch will be provided during each meeting day.
- If required, shall be reimbursed for reasonable parking expenses, receipts required.