NOTE: Funding for this event will be applied by the same process and definitions as the SUN Annual Meeting and/or Bargaining Conference.
There are five (5) different registrant types for members to choose from - each connected to a different funding category:
- Provincial Committee Member or Member appointed to External Committee (Provincially funded - see below for list of committees)
- SDC Chairperson or alternate (Provincially funded)
- Local SDC Representative or alternate (Provincially funded)
- Lifetime Member (Unfunded)
- General Member (Locally Funded or Unfunded member - see below for additional information)
Provincial Funding Information
Limited Provincial Funding Available
DID YOU KNOW .....Membership Policy 039-M-2017 defines who will receive provincial funding to attend a business meeting (Special Meeting) of the union?
As per policy, the following members shall receive provincial funding to attend the Special Meeting:
- Board of Directors and Committee Members
- Members elected to the SUN Board of Directors
- Members elected to a current standing committee (as described under Bylaw 6.01)
- Constitution, Bylaws, and Resolutions Committee
- Finance Committee
- Nominations Committee
- Program Committee
- Members appointed to the Position Evaluation Committee
- Members appointed to a SFL/CLC Committee
- SDC Chairpersons (or alternate)
- As per Membership Policy 039-M-2017, funding shall be available for each elected SUN District Council (SDC) Chairperson, or alternate, to attend the Annual Meeting. Alternates must be approved by the SDC Chairperson.
- Local SDC Representative (or alternate) as determined by Local Executive.
- As per Membership Policy 039-M-2017, funding shall be available for one (1) SDC representative, or alternate, from each facility/agency to attend the Annual Meeting. Alternates must be approved by the Local Executive.
Funding for the above categories shall be applied to each day in attendance of the event and limited to:
- For a scheduled shift (paid provincial union leave), SUN Provincial will reimburse your Employer for one shift per day of the event you are attending.
- If attending on a day off, SUN Provincial will pay you directly for up to 8 hours per day of attendance (a TD1 form on file is required).
- Carpooling is strongly encouraged.
- Roundtrip kilometrage shall be paid to members (drivers only) who must travel in excess of 50 kms (one-way) at a rate determined annually by the Board of Directors in the budget.
- Kilometrage shall be defined as the distance between (direct route) the member’s home town/city and the city/town hosting the event.
- As per Membership Policy 038-M-2007, travel time will be compensated for (applies to Board of Directors, Committee members and SDC Chairpersons only).
- Hotel Accommodations
- Funding for accommodation shall be on the basis of two members sharing a room, members requesting single occupancy shall be responsible for one-half (½) of the cost of the room.
- As per Membership Policy 038-M-2007, “travel in lieu of hotel” arrangements must be confirmed with the First Vice-President in advance and such reimbursement will be limited to one-half (½) of the cost of the room.
- Meal per diems are only available for Board of Directors and Committee members.
- Meal per diems for breakfast and supper will be issued for each day of the event.
- Reimbursement will not be provided for meals included with the event.
- If staying in a hotel, any in-room dining charges must be reconciled upon check out.
- If required, shall be reimbursed for reasonable parking expenses, receipts required.
Additional Funding Options
As per Membership Policy 039-M-2017, funding shall be available for one youth representative (up to age 30 at time of event) from each SUN region to attend the Special Meeting.
- Youth members must register prior to the deadline of 1200 hours on September 7, 2022.
- CLICK HERE for funding specifics and eligibility criteria.
- SUN members not fitting into one of the above funding categories are encouraged to speak to the Local Executive or SDC Council Representative and/or SDC Chair as soon as possible to request funding to attend the Special Meeting.
Each SUN Local is responsible for determining the applicable processes for communicating and awarding funding to members to participate in the Meeting. Members must speak to their Local Executive for information regarding such processes and to seek the appropriate approvals.
- SUN members are welcome and encouraged to attend the Meeting as an unfunded member.
- When registering, please select General Member as your registrant type.
If you have any questions regarding funding , please contact email@example.com.